Internship and Apprenticeship Offers
A great opportunity has risen for national and international students to start an internship in the coach and travel sector. We are currently offering to enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals the chance to join our teams in one of our multiple London offices.
To qualify, you must be enrolled in a university and be looking for a placement that will last between 3 months and 1 year.
At Excetera Group, our business language is English, so you must have a sufficient level to be able to communicate with your colleagues. Depending on the internship you apply for, you may also need to speak another language. Other entry requirements may differ from country to country.
If you are a non-EU citizen, you may need to obtain a work visa, which will add processing time to your application
Internship and Apprenticeship
You will be liaising with the Transport Manager, Drivers, Workshop and Customer Service Team. A great opportunity to work hand to hand with an excellent team of professionals on the daily basis of the coach hire industry. You will need to have the ability to multi task and enter accurate data onto a computerised system in a busy and fast paced environment.
The role involves:
- Supporting the Operations department on a daily basis.
- Ensuring Drivers and Vehicles are managed in line with legal requirements.
- Monitor, record and maintain Driver and Vehicle records and ensure these are kept in an organised and professional manner.
- Assisting the team to help ensure that company and drivers comply with all Health and Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Liaising with some customers regarding the tracking of their vehicles.
- Inputting information on to the computerised system accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Working with other departments to create a dynamic delivery strategy.
- Supporting the drivers on a daily basis with ‘on-the-road’ situations that arise.
- Take ownership of the fleet to keep an excellent vehicle state.
- Competent on Excel/Word & Powerpoint.
- A sound geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Understand driver’s hours regulations
- A good communicator internally & externally.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- A dynamic attitude and keen to progress both the business and themselves.
- Be a proactive team player.
- Meticulously organized.
- Able to multi task.
- Able to think outside the box.
- A positive and can-do attitude towards work.
- Contact clients regarding overdue receivables, including determining client payment cycle, establishing payment plans, providing historical billing data and resolving disputes and questions regarding receivables
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of all receipts, refunds, and write-offs processed.
- Forecast large receivables monthly and at year-end; and provide management with status reports on large, aged receivables
- Assist in coordinating the monthly reminder statement procedures, including updating and maintaining appropriate databases and examining statements for exactness and accuracy; and monitor escrow and unallocated accounts
- Monitor bankruptcy clients including providing information for proofs of claim to be filed. Assure balances are written down accordingly to ensure realistic receivables
- Communicate with department management regarding trends, partner concerns and client requests; and make recommendations for improved efficiencies
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Degree qualified
- Minimum B1 English level required (intermediate)
- Collections experience, Accountancy or finance related work experience a huge plus
- Excellent telephone technique and the ability to work with numbers
- Excellent communication, writing, oral/phone and organisational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Intuitive and proactive in problem solving.
- Desire to forge a career in finance